Our real problem is not Paul Ryan -- its the media that fraudulently hoists these types of empty-suit sociopathic liars onto the national stage, manufacturing "rock stars" out of incompetent boobs and shills. At least New York Magazine finally gets it.
Jonathan Chait, in a stinging article titled "The Paul Ryan Legend Dissipates" correctly observes:
Paul Ryan’s selection as Mitt Romney’s vice-presidential candidate is subjecting him to all manner of strange new indignities, such as questions about public policy that are different than those that his own press staff would have written. The Washington Post reported this weekend that Ryan has opposed bipartisan compromises to reduce the budget deficit. The facts in the story aren’t new. (If anything, they understate the active, crucial role Ryan has played in killing these deals.) What’s new is that the publicly available facts about Ryan’s opposition to bipartisan deficit reduction is penetrating the media narrative about him, which has always presented him as the very opposite.Better late than never -- as Chait notes in the comments above -- the facts that undermine the false media narrative of Ryan as a serious "policy wonk" and "numbers guy" have been out there for years.
Ryan can't even do his taxes accurately -- or perhaps more accurately, he cannot do them HONESTLY. Politicolnews observes:
Paul Ryan failed to report income on his own personal 2011 Tax Return to the Internal Revenue Service, like $61,122.00 worth of income?And don't be mislead -- the rMONEY/rAYN ticket is increasingly under attack by the very rightwing pundits that created the Ryan "bold", "policy wonk", "numbers guy" lie. However, if you carefully look at what the right-wing is saying -- they are giving Ryan a free pass and "get out of lies free" card, evidently to throw Mitt rMONEY under the bus in order to save their false profit and not-a-rock-star Paul rAYN.
How can a guy who is so meticulous on arranging to write a budget for the whole country make such a big mistake? Really, if the average citizen were to fill out a false return they’d be in jail by now but not Paul Ryan who is called the “GOP Intelligence guy for budgets.
Another faux rock star, Wisconsin's Deceiver-in-Chief Gov. Scott "John Doe" Walker has tried to lead the parade in the Badger State by dumping blame for the rMONEY/rAYN trainwreck solely on rMONEY by ridiculously claiming
... that they [rMONEY's campaign] need to have more of him [rAYN] rub off on Mitt [rMONEY].This is laughable -- we have seen the real Paul Ryan. He is toxic. He is no policy wonk because his policies have no details and no real numbers. They are just empty rhetoric that he cannot explain nor even defend because, outside of some red-meat thrown out to the teabaggin' base, there is no substance and much of what rAYN's empty rhetoric are are bold-faced lies.
Scottie should really just be quiet and save his voice for his testimony as a prosecution witness against BFFs and Walkergate co-conspirators Kelly Rindfleisch and Timmy Russell. Note that rMONEY and rAYN are not using Walker on the campaign trail here or anywhere else -- Scottie's lawyers must be working overtime -- perhaps Walker is too busy writing them checks to out-of-state attorneys from his criminal defense fund to join rMONEY/rAYN on the road across America or even here in Wisconsin.
Media Matters for America has identified 7 things the media needs to know about Paul Ryan -- each of these links is fully-sourced and resourced to learn more. The media narrative of rAYN as a serious, responsible reformer is a lie.
- Ryan Wants Low And Middle Income Americans To "Bear The Entire Burden" Of His Fiscal Reforms
- Ryan Plan Would Drastically Hurt Medicare And Medicaid Recipients
- Ryan Has A Fraudulent Plan To Reduce The Deficit
- Fiscal Hawk? Ryan Supported Policies That Caused Massive Deficits
- Ryan Has Repeatedly Proposed Partially Privatizing Social Security
- Ryan Is A Historically Ideological VP Nominee Pick
- Paul Ryan: George W. Bush Endorsed
Paul Ryan is incapable of representing the needs of his congressional district. Paul Ryan is not even capable of honestly talking about the problems. Paul Ryan cannot possibly create policies to solve things he either does not understands or lies about.
Here's more, also fully sourced and resourced, that may help people understand the massive media failure that created the false myth of Paul Ryan as "policy wonk" and "numbers guy".
- 5 Things Right Wing Doesn't Want You To Know About Taxes
- A Special Place in Hell: Paul Ryan Hearts Ayn Rand
- Brilliant: Boy Wonder Paul Ryan Enrages Voters With Lies & Economic Terrorism
- Dang -- Is Mitt Gonna Make Boy Wonder Paulie Ryan VP?!?!?!
- Firsthand-Report: Nuns on the Bus Stop by Paul Ryan's Office
- HE'S BACK! Wisconsin's Other Dangerous Radical Extremist: Paul Ryan
- Its Not Just Grandma, Paul Ryan Hates Most Americans Too
- Explosion of "Truthiness" Proves Mainstream Media as Info Source is Irrelevant
- Media Lies: Ryan is NOT a Policy Wonk or Numbers Guy
- Mitt rMoney is Desperate: Paul "I Heart Ayn Rand" Ryan on Ticket
- More Proof Media Lies: Ryan No Policy Wonk - Numbers Guy
- Paul "I Respectfully Disagree with Jesus" Ryan: Romney's VP Pick? Be Very Afraid
- Paul Ryan and His Embarrassing Ayn Rand Problem
- Paul Ryan Hides While District Hemorrhages Jobs
- Paul Ryan: Hiding behind lies about Jesus and the Catholic Church
- Paul Ryan is NOT a Policy Wonk. Is NOT a Numbers Guy -- Perhaps a Liar?
- Paul Ryan Misrepresents Word of God and His Church for Political Gain: The Lord Is Reportedly Not Happy
- Paul Ryan Once Again Proves Nooooze Pundits Lie: He's No Policy Wonk or Numbers Guy
- Paul Ryan, Wisconsin's Lying Liar Media Darling: Shameless Propaganda
- Paul Ryan's Un-Christian Budget: It's not just Catholic Bishops and Nuns that understand
- яMONEY & яAYN Are Too Extreme for America: Paul Ryan's Hometown Speaks Out
- Stop the Debt Hysteria: Misinformation, Disinformation, and Outright Lies
- VOICES Video Report: Nuns on the Bus Tour, Paul Ryan's Hometown -- Janesville
- What Would a яyan/яMoney Victory Mean to Scott "John Doe" Walker?
- Who Can Best Lie for Mitt rMoney? Bamboozle Tours Across America!
- Wisconsin's Koch-Heads: The Monkey is on Mitt rMoney's Back Too