It also shouldn't surprise anyone that Walker, who is at the center of a John Doe investigation into the criminality behind his ascent to power, is now pretending to be the great "uniter". Increasingly, it is becoming clearer that creating and then stage-managing a crisis is the only way Walker can distract from and escape responsibility for a degree of corruption that Wisconsin has never seen before -- crimes that only Scott Walker directly benefited from.
Why does the media, day-in and day-out, report Walker's talking points without providing context? Here's some simple facts:
- Walker himself described his 2011 agenda as extremely divisive -- literally stating that he was going to "drop the bomb".
- Walker has repeatedly falsely stated that he ran on stripping public employees of collective bargaining rights in the 2010 gubernatorial election cycle. He didn't.
- Once elected, Gov. Scott Walker immediately ginned up a minor budget shortfall to undercut worker rights.
- Then Walker earned a "pants-on-fire" lie rating from Politicfact for shamelessly proclaiming that his budget repair bill left collective bargaining "fully intact.
- A widely recognized business journal, Forbes, has rated Wisconsin as one of the worst states for business in the America.
- Forbes not only finds Wisconsin's business climate poor, but projects job-growth to be second-worse in the Nation through 2016, the end of Scott Walker's first term.
- Walker's signature economic growth agency, the quasi-private Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is in shamble and audits have confirmed that they will not collect more than 1/3 of the millions-of-dollars in loans they made this year, credit card charges are routinely not authorized, and accounting entries have no documentation. This are all red-flags for fraud, yet Walker proclaims folks there are doing a "good work!"
But Wisconsin's pro-Walker echo-chamber continues to prop him up. Lee Enterprises, as usual, props up the "unifier" propaganda.
It was entirely misleading for Scott Walker to create budget crisis in January 2011 and use this to undermine worker's rights in February 2011, and then falsely stating that this is what he ran on all along. Walker is a divisive politician, which he stated served his purpose. Walker is a master of doublespeak and the media not only props him up, they have made him a "rock star".
So how's this for some Lee Enterprises pro-Walker propaganda -- the La Crosse Tribune not only shamelessly carried the "unity" lie today, but they are proclaiming that Walker "rallies the troops for upcoming storm." Not an accurate description of what Walker is doing this week, but typical for his media shills and it sure looks good in a large bold font.
And in this stunning piece of propaganda, Lee Enterprises Wisconsin State Journal notes that today's stop marked dipped down slightly and then proclaims that Scott Walker told President Barack Obama that he shouldn't raise taxes! No mention of Walker's dismal track record as an expert on anything -- shameless.
Is the failure of Scott Walker's "Open for Business" strategy a glitch or feature?
Scott Walker has no integrity to grandstand about avoiding divisive politics -- his is their poster child. But please remember, it wasn't Walker's lies that made this happen, it was the media that endlessly repeated Walker's disinformation.